Invoicing is a piece of cake with KashFlow accounting software. The platform is user-friendly, customisable and supports automation. KashFlow is cloud-based too, which means you can access your data and send invoices from your desk or on the road. Best of all, if you need support along the way, Flow’s team of cloud accounting experts are here to help.
Invoicing is changing. If you want to ride the wave of innovation, climb aboard KashFlow’s range of fantastic invoicing features.
Benefits of invoicing with KashFlow
Here are just a few ways KashFlow can improve your business:
Save time – Believe it or not, using KashFlow software can save up to 75 hours of employee work time per month. You can send invoices directly from the software – it only takes the click of a button. Automatic recurring invoices are available too, so you don’t have to create the same document each month. The software will do it all for you!
Customise invoices – Create custom invoices that match your brand and include your logo too.
Keep up to date – KashFlow’s automatic reminders will let you know when payments become overdue and send reminders to customers.
Repeat and recurring invoices
Creating the same invoices each month doesn’t need to be a chore with KashFlow – just copy and edit a previous invoice:
- Select ‘Repeat Invoices’ from the ‘Invoices’ menu.
- Find the invoice you wish to copy.
- Click ‘Copy’ and amend the details as required.
KashFlow can even create and send invoices for you automatically. Here’s how:
- Select ‘Repeat Invoices’ from the ‘Invoices’ menu and then select ‘Create’.
- Enter the duration – e.g. indefinitely or until a specific date.
- Choose the frequency you require – e.g. annually, monthly or weekly.
Using a KashFlow invoicing template
Using KashFlow’s standard invoice template gives you a quick and easy way to get started. To create a new invoice just follow these steps:
- Select ‘Add New Invoice’ from the ‘Sales’ tab. The invoice number is generated automatically.
- The fields are already provided. Fill in the details using the drop down menus.
- Add the product lines to be invoiced. You can add as many or as little as you wish and KashFlow will calculate the total as you go.
- When you’ve finished adding all your details, just click ‘Print Invoice’ or ‘Email Invoice’, and a PDF version will be created for you to send to clients.
Customise your template
You can also customise your invoices with your logo or background image simply by uploading it to your KashFlow account. A few simple steps are required:
- Select ‘PDF Themes’ from the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Pick the theme you want to edit.
- Tick the box to include your logo or image.
- Select ‘Upload a Logo’ or ‘Upload a background image’.
- Find your saved logo or image and click ‘Upload’.
You will then have a fully customised template for your invoices, making them consistent with your brand.
If you are moving from an old piece of software to KashFlow, you can import previous invoices using a spreadsheet. This is important if you want to keep your records in one location and ensure they are as accurate as possible. Just follow these steps:
- Make sure the client is already set up in KashFlow.
- Organise your data using the required headings.
- Click ‘Import Data’ in the Settings menu, then ‘Import CSV Files’.
- Select ‘CSV’ then ‘Invoices’.
- Upload your file.
- Adjust the information as necessary using the drop down menus so the columns on your spreadsheet match the correct fields in KashFlow. Once you’re happy all the information is in the right place, click ‘Import’ and all your records will be logged on KashFlow, ready for when you need them.
Maximise KashFlow’s invoicing features with Flow
If you need support with KashFlow’s invoicing features, Flow’s team of cloud accounting experts can help. Our team of fully qualified accountants can give you all the training, advice and hands-on assistance you need to optimise your invoicing process. You can expect more time, faster payments, better cash flow and much more. What are you waiting for? Put us to the test today.