KashFlow integrates seamlessly with countless apps. What does this mean exactly? Firstly, you don’t have to juggle numerous independent systems. And you don’t have to re-enter the same information into multiple locations. Using integration, KashFlow can connect with other pieces of software allowing data to transfer seamlessly between one another. This reduces duplicate effort and ensures all of your systems are accurate and up-to-date.
If you’re excited by the idea of a customisable accounting system, utilising KashFlow’s integration capabilities is just one of the ways we can help you at Flow.
Here are a few examples of KashFlow’s integration and compatibility solutions:
Google apps – Use Google Docs to create cloud-based documents, such as presentations or spreadsheets. To integrate Google apps with KashFlow follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Select ‘External Services’.
- Go to ‘API Settings’.
- Tick the box to enable API.
- Click ‘Update’.
QuickBooks – Do you need to transfer data from QuickBooks to KashFlow? This takes a few simple steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to ‘File’ and select ‘Utilities’, ‘Export’ and then ‘Lists to IFF Files’.
- In KashFlow, go to the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Select ‘Import Data’.
- Click ‘Import from QuickBooks’, then ‘Choose File’.
- Select the file you created in step 1.
- Click ‘Upload’.
- Once the details are uploaded (which may take a while if you have a lot of data), click ‘Import’ to confirm.
Quick Tip – You can also import transactions, products and other data from QuickBooks by exporting the information to a spreadsheet, then importing the CSV file into KashFlow.
ZoHo – ZoHo is a group of cloud-based services. Features include a CRM database, online document software and online projects. You can import your CRM data from ZoHo to KashFlow in a similar way to Google Apps. Conversely, you can export the information by creating an XML or JSON file, which you (or a Developer) can use to create a KashFlow compatible app.
Zapier – KashFlow is compatible with many applications. However, if they believe there are apps with better functionality than others, they will occasionally only support integration with the better-quality option. Zapier didn’t make the cut.
Zendesk – Zendesk offers a proactive solution to customer support. Integrating it with KashFlow opens up the possibility of features like forums, knowledge bases and automated customer updates.
WHMCS – Is your website hosted by WHMCS? Did you know you can use the WHMCS to transfer data between your site and KashFlow? For example, you can transfer invoices and customer information, so you don’t have to manually enter data after every website transaction. All you need to do is install the app and enable the API via KashFlow, and then set up the synchronisation on your WHMCS administration area.
Amazon – Do you sell products on Amazon? With the Amazon App, you can connect your online store with KashFlow. Every transaction will automatically be recorded by the accounting software, saving you valuable time and ensuring your records are accurate.
It only takes a few steps to integrate KasFlow with Amazon:
- Set up a new bank account for your Amazon transactions.
- Record sales in the usual way, but add the Amazon bank account in the ’Payment Details’ area when you mark them as paid.
- When you receive the payment for the transaction from Amazon, select ‘Transfer Money’ from the ‘Bank’ menu and transfer the money from your Amazon bank account to your current account.
- Record fees and commission deducted by Amazon by clicking ‘View/Add’ in the ‘Bank’ menu for your Amazon bank account.
eBay – You can also record details of any sales made on eBay via PayPal by linking your PayPal account to your KashFlow software. By importing the data, you can automatically record the details of the transaction without having to manually enter the information, which could potentially lead to errors.
Link your PayPal account to KashFlow using these steps:
- Select ‘PayPal Importer’ from the ‘Apps’ menu.
- Enter your PayPal e-mail address.
- Click ‘Get Started’.
- You will receive an authorisation e-mail. Click the link at the bottom to grant permission to link the software.
- Click ‘Authorise’ when you are redirected to KashFlow.
- Edit the data you wish to import on the PayPal settings pages.
- Click ‘Import’.
- You will then have created a link to your PayPal account in KashFlow, so all the information processed on eBay will be sent to your KashFlow software automatically.
Integrate with Flow
These are just a few of the KashFlow applications available. There are countless applications on the market, which can make picking and choosing from the options a daunting task. If you are unsure if a particular platform can be linked to KashFlow or just need help setting up an application, Flow’s team of cloud accounting experts are on hand to help.
Some apps are already set up for integration and can connect as soon as you enable API. However, if an app isn’t already setup, you’ll need to do some development work to make the integration possible. If you don’t have the development experience need, you can either contact one of KashFlow’s partnered developers or get in touch with us at Flow. We can guide you through the setup processes and offer hands-on assistance at every step. With Flow, you are in good hands.