With the right invoicing system, your business can benefit from better cash flow, improved time management and accurate records. At Flow, we highly recommend Quickbooks cloud accounting software for all your invoicing needs. Why? QuickBooks offers businesses a convenient and highly efficient way to send invoices online to customers. And with the assistance of Flow’s cloud accounting experts, invoicing through QuickBooks can be simpler, faster and more effective too.
Here are some of the amazing features that makes QuickBooks such a great option:
Using QuickBooks invoice templates
QuickBooks invoices are fully customisable, so you create the perfect template to fit your brand.
If developing your own invoice may seem daunting, QuickBooks does provide helpful how-to guides. If that isn’t enough, Flow’s team of expert cloud accountants can walk through every step with you.
You can either make a QuickBooks invoice template from scratch or simply customise an existing option. Here’s how:
- Go to the menu under “Lists” and select “Templates”.
- On the “Templates” list, click “New”.
- Choose the type of business form you’re looking to create and click “OK”.
- Choose the “manage template” option, and then enter a name for the new template.
- Customise the template according to your preferences – you can even change the layout using the “Layout designer”.
- Once you’re happy with your changes, click “Ok” to save the new template.
Importing invoices with QuickBooks
It’s possible to import invoices to QuickBooks from Excel spreadsheets using certain versions of QuickBooks. Before you start, ensure that you’re using the right system, then follow these steps:
- Ensure the Excel spreadsheet you’re using contains all of the information you need to import.
- Go to Batch Enter Transactions – in the Accountant Menu if you’re using QuickBooks Accountant.
- Copy the data in your Excel spreadsheet and just paste it into QuickBooks.
- Any information not in the QuickBooks database will be highlighted in red font, and you can add them to the customer list by clicking each individually.
- Finally, select “Save Transactions” to ensure that all of your invoices will be created automatically.
QuickBooks and Purchasing Orders
Though many small businesses don’t use purchase orders, plenty of slightly larger companies do, as they formalise the process for purchasing. Here’s create a purchase order in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Start by informing QuickBooks that you want to make a Purchase Order by clicking on “Vendors”, then “Create Purchase Orders”.
- Use the drop-down vendor menu to identify the vendor you want to buy from.
- You have the option to provide a “Ship to” address and classify the purchase using the drop-down menu in the “class” section.
- Confirm the date of the purchase order, and the purchase order number.
- Confirm the vendor information.
- Describe each item you are ordering.
- Print and save your purchase order for future reference and filing.
Go with the Flow with QuickBooks invoices
Flow’s team of expert cloud accountants are dedicated to helping you get more out of Quickbooks. Are you constantly chasing late payments or re-writing the same invoice? Do you want to take your invoicing system to the next level? With QuickBooks, Flow can take the hassle out of the invoice process with recurring invoices, group invoices and even scheduled payments. Plus, Flow’s team of cloud accounting experts can customise your QuickBooks invoice templates to suit your exact needs. All of these benefits come together to save you time.